So today, Thanksgiving, I would just like to tell you about a few things that I am thankful for, and I invite all of you to share, if you wish, what you are thankful for as well…
I am thankful for:
· A second chance at life because of Tommy. On June 7th of this year, Tommy gave me that second chance when he donated his kidney to me. As I have said many times here, all I can do is say thank you for the amazing selfless gift he gave me.
· My family. They have been there every step of the way with me.
- My wife, Christine. For all of the love and support she has given me through all of the ups and downs of this year.
· My friends. I have met or been introduced to so many wonderful people around the country to around the world. I am very fortunate to have you all in my life.
· Mom. I am thankful to have today to spend with her. She may not be with us much longer, but none of that matters today. Today will be a day to try and make her as happy as possible.
· Everyone who reads this blog. Thank you for taking such an active interest !
I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving !!! May your day be filled with family and friends who are special to you. Giving thanks may only take but a mere few moments, but it lasts much, much longer than that, perhaps a lifetime !
If you, or someone you know is interested in learning more about Diabetes or organ donation, please contact: www.diabetes.org, www.joslin.org, www.neod.org; www.donatelifenewengland.org, www.organdonor.gov; www.unos.org; www.donatelife.net; www.organtransplants.org; or www.thewaitinglist.org, or, by all means, speak to your own physician, or feel free to send me an email.