About Me

My photo
Kingston, Massachusetts, United States

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 24, 2011 - Thanksgiving

Giving thanks is something that many of us take for granted until we are slapped in the face with a real life changing event.  If things are going well, we sometimes forget to stop for a moment and think about how we got to this great place.

So today, Thanksgiving, I would just like to tell you about a few things that I am thankful for, and I invite all of you to share, if you wish, what you are thankful for as well…

I am thankful for:

·         A second chance at life because of Tommy.  On June 7th of this year, Tommy gave me that second chance when he donated his kidney to me.  As I have said many times here, all I can do is say thank you for the amazing selfless gift he gave me.

·         My family.  They have been there every step of the way with me.

  • My wife, Christine.  For all of the love and support she has given me through all of the ups and downs of this year.
·         My friends. I have met or been introduced to so many wonderful people around the country to around the world.  I am very fortunate to have you all in my life.

·         Mom.  I am thankful to have today to spend with her.  She may not be with us much longer, but none of that matters today.  Today will be a day to try and make her as happy as possible.

·         Everyone who reads this blog.  Thank you for taking such an active interest !

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving !!!  May your day be filled with family and friends who are special to you.  Giving thanks may only take but a mere few moments, but it lasts much, much longer than that, perhaps a lifetime !

If you, or someone you know is interested in learning more about Diabetes or organ donation, please contact: www.diabetes.org, www.joslin.org,  www.neod.org; www.donatelifenewengland.org, www.organdonor.gov; www.unos.org; www.donatelife.net; www.organtransplants.org; or  www.thewaitinglist.org, or, by all means, speak to your own physician, or feel free to send me an email.

2 comments: